Roe Green TC COVID19 play-rules
(revised 29 March 2021)
Note – We will continue to review and update these guidelines to reflect any changes in advice from the government/LTA.
- Singles and doubles play is now fully permitted between club members from different households, but could we please ask that no guests are being brought to play on the courts at this time.
- Maximum number of people on any one court is 4, except for organised coaching activities.
- Play will begin at 09:00 daily and will continue until 21:00 or the end of natural daylight, whichever occurs first.
- All 3 courts are in operation.
- All court furnishings have been removed, so there will be no benches, brushes, bins, net winders etc to remove any unnecessary surface for contamination.
- The court booking system will remain in place, accessible via our website or directly via https://roegreentc.skedda.com/booking. Members will have been emailed an invite to use the system together with club & membership updates information to.
- For family memberships, each member 16 years or older can access the booking system on their own email address.
- The booking system is not actively managed but will be reviewed to ensure that members adhere to the guidelines for use.
- Bookings can only be made 7 days in advance and not any earlier.
- All players are expected to follow government guidance on periods of isolation if they or members of their household have symptoms of or tested positive for COVID-19 and are not allowed to play during such periods.
- There should be no spectators in attendance. Parents can remain in the vicinity but are expected to observe social distancing rules.
- Members should not arrive at the club until 5 minutes before their playing session starts. If you arrive early, please remain in the car park.
- Coaching is permitted at Roe Green Tennis Club in accordance with LTA and club guidelines (see guidance on our website’s Coaching section). The committee will review coaching activity in regard to impact on court availability for other members as well as for excessive court use by coaches, and may alter rules accordingly.
Booking a court
- There are no personal weekly session or play-time restrictions, but we appeal to member’s common sense to ensure everyone has a fair chance of playing at the club. Please refrain from block-booking consecutive sessions or using peak-time hours if you have managed to play during the day and the courts already look busy.
- Bookings require added information regarding format (singles or doubles) and playing partners to complete.
- Booking slot restrictions are still in place.
Off-Peak times: during weekday daytime hours (9:00am – 5:00pm) and all weekend courts can be booked for a maximum 2:00 hour session.
Peak times: Weekday evenings (post 5:00pm) maximum session length is reduced to 1:30 hour to allow all working members fair access to the courts.
- The buffer time facility has been removed. Bookings can now follow on immediately. Please make sure leave promptly when your booking time ends.
- If at the end of your booked session you find that the courts are not booked for a new session, you may continue play up until the next booking. It is your responsibility to
- check no bookings are immediately following yours at the end of your booked session (requires mobile internet access).
- you are aware at what time the court is next booked and leave before that next booking.
- make a separate booking on Skedda if you stay on, but change courts, to enable track & trace data to be recorded.
- Both entrances are back in use. When using the Beesley Green entrance, please be mindful of social distancing when crossing neighbours’ drives.
- Players should use a restricted number of tennis balls per court, ensure they do not touch their face during play and use hand sanitizer appropriately during breaks in play. Balls should be removed from the court at the end of the session.
- Players should not leave anything on the court at the end of the session, all water bottles and jackets should be removed. Players MUST check the court is clear before they leave.
- Players should not touch balls from another court with their hands. They should be kicked or hit back.
- Please respect social distancing during play when close to the net, changing ends and when veering wide towards other courts.
- Last players on court should ensure that the courts are locked, please ensure that you use gloves or clean your hands after touching the locks.
- Members should have their own hand sanitiser which should be used regularly during and after play. Washing facilities will not be provided by the club.
To make sure courts are accessible for all members, please do not abuse the system. The intention of the current system is that each member has a fair chance to play our game in a safe and enjoyable way.
The committee will review play and booking patterns regularly and tweak the system accordingly. We also reserve the right to temporarily suspend booking and play privileges, terminate membership or even suspend play entirely and lockdown the courts again if members are found to flout these rules.
Once you have paid your 2021 subs you will get an email confirming your login to the court bookings system. Scroll down and press the big green button to get started