Every summer the club runs a very popular coaching programme on Thursday evenings from April until July. Lessons are organised by LTA qualified instructors; Steve Mannion and Martin Kast.
We are planning to return the youth coaching sessions for 2021, after COVID19 forced us to cancel the 2020 coaching season.
From September 2020, we are happy to open our courts again for individual and small group coaching for club members in accordance with the latest LTA coaching guidelines and the below club rules:
- Coaching can be booked with either our two club-affiliated coaches (contact Martin Kast) or external coaching providers can be invited to be “guest coaching” RGTC members on member-booked courts.
- Coaching group size is limited to 6 players per court at Roe Green TC.
- Coaches are required to hold professional insurance (either through LTA accreditation or privately) and must provide proof if requested, provide the club/committee with a COVID19 risk assessment and contact details for all participants of each session to be fully compliant with track and trace requirements via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coaching sessions are permitted to last up to 1.5hrs
- No more than 2 courts can be booked for coaching sessions at any one time and no consecutive coaching sessions are permitted to ensure court availability for other members
If in any doubt, please reach out to the committee to discuss your coaching plans!
The committee will review coaching activity, specifically its impact on court availability for other members and excessive court use by coaches.